Cornworthy Allotments Update.
Plotholders at Cornworthy Allotments are starting the eleventh growing season and we have full plot occupancy. However, anyone from our local community who would like an allotment is very welcome to join the waiting list.
The recent warm dry weather has been welcomed after such a long wet winter and preparing our plots ready for planting is the priority at the moment.
This season also brings the worrying threat of the Covid 19 Virus and new guidelines provided by the South West Counties Allotments Association are in force at the allotments.
These Guidelines are as follows:
- Plot holders to extend their usual support and kindness to others and please inform the allotment’s secretary if they think anyone is struggling and needs help.
- Any plot holder who is self isolating because a household member is ill with the Covid 19 virus should please not visit the allotments until they are deemed medically safe and out of isolation.
- Plot holders only are allowed on the site until further notice.
- Plot holders must follow the rule for social distancing at all times keeping 2 – 3 meters apart from others.
- Plot holders are to please stay on their own plots and use their own gardening tools and equipment. The communal wheel barrows have been removed from the site.
- Taps, door and gate latches will be sprayed with detergent frequently.
Finally, plot holders are encouraged to plant extra crops to help our community food resource. A seed swap system is in full swing at the moment and we are all ‘digging for England’.